Do you consider yourself a fantastic Photographer? AND Do you wish to cash in on your photography hobby?
Well, get excited because I have the perfect opportunity where I can help you sell photos online. There are plenty of online platforms that provide a chance to sell photos.
WhereTo Sell Photos Online!
Let’s sell photos 🙂
Like any retailer, each stock photo agency has its own benefits, uniqueness, and highlights. Let’s check them out.
1. 500px Prime
Getty Images drives the industry forward as the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, working with more than 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide. Five million photographers list their stock pictures with 500pxPrime.
You’ll earn 70% net for every licensed photo sold (standard licenses are $250), and your photos may have a chance to appear in big-name ad campaigns if you submit them under commercial licensing.
Give this website a try you would not regret it.
- Sign up for a free account.
- Later submit your photographs, enable your store, and complete the required forms for each picture.
- You’ll be given the option of selecting an exclusive or non-exclusive license for the photos. Let me tell you that you will earn more for an exclusive license, but that means you can’t license or sell the picture anywhere else.
2. SmugMug Pro
Smugmug Pro is not just a platform to sell photos; they provide additional value by marketing your photos. Smugmug pro is a code-free website builder lets you create a web portfolio which is as professional as any other custom-made site, for a fraction of the price.
SmugMug Pro allows you to keep 85% of the markup for your images. But you have to buy a Pro subscription,[ $12.50 per month] to take advantage of this high royalty; there’s no free option available.
- The signup is free
- You can control the privacy of your photos by choosing a plan
- There is no free SmugMug plan after four weeks of free trial.
Shutterstock is the big-box retailer in the stock photo world.
Shutterstock provides you with the opportunity to earn up to $120 per image download on Shutterstock. Shutterstock has a reasonably complicated pricing structure.
Currently, the payout starts at $0.25 and can go up to $120 for custom images. You can receive up to 30 percent of the sale price of your photos depending on the size of your image.
By referring to other photographers, you make a small profit, approximately around four cents each time they sell an image. Also, if you suggest a customer who ends up purchasing your pictures, you can earn 20% of their first purchase.
Check out the following articles to make passive income online. 1.How To Start A Blog In 2019 That Creates $4000 Per Month! 2.10 Epic Ways To Make Money Online Without Investment 3.Selfie Payment – How To Get $1 Per Selfie (Free App)
Alamy is a traditional and reliable name in the stock photo industry. Their site is user-friendly, with great user interface and selections, and their service is strongly oriented to giving stock photo buyers a sleek and pleasant experience.
It has a varied payment structure. Alamy is a platform to sell stock photos without any emergency rules. Royalty of 50% of each sale of your images online. If you not exclusive, 40% of the commission. Payments are deposited monthly. Photographers can earn money by selling their photos without facing licensing and copyright issues.
You will be paid via Paypal, skrill, account transfer in pounds, dollars, and Euros.
It’s quite simple to get your images up for sale in less than 24 hours.
- Sign up for Alamy here.
- You can choose the mode– online upload or FTP
- Their team will check images for approval
- once done, add captions and tags in your account
- Your photos are ready for sale.
123rf is a great place to get started with the stock photography industry. It is not for the quick money makers. It has over 300,000 creative contributors. 90,000 new photos and other content every day are added to the site each day.
123RF boasts that it pays contributing photographers anywhere between 30% to 60% in commission.
- sign-up as a photographer/contributor.
- Provide a valid form of government-issued ID.
- Submit 10 sample images with keywords
- They will review your photos(might take one week)
- Once you start, you choose your target audience whether it education, small business, large companies or charity.
For all the nature lovers, who like to roam in jungles and discover new facts about animals can , AnimalsAnimals is the best site for you. Use this site to upload their captured images and can sell them all over the world. It is a rights-managed stock photography agency, working with photographers on a contractual basis.
You can make 50% commission off your high-quality animal image as well as nature photos by selling it online.
- You will need to prepare a digital portfolio of 200 photographs. Images should be taken with a 10MP camera or greater and should be edited for quality.
- There are strict guidelines for submitting the photos so make sure you fulfill that. Visit their website to know more about the rules and regulations.
- For review purposes, you may submit JPG files with an image size of at least 800 x 640 pixels.
- Your portfolio may be sent on CD, DVD or as a link to a lightbox of images or dedicated page for your portfolio.
- Their expert team will review your work.
Bigstock is very professional and intuitive. It runs subscription-based programs.
You will earn money per download and based on the customer’s type of payment plan, and image size purchased. Rates range from $0.25 – $3.00 per image. For Bigstock partner sales, contributors receive 30% of the amount received by Bigstock per partner sale.
For subscription plan, it will depend on how much downloads you get, the more downloads your photos get the more royalty you will earn. If you reach higher tiers in royalty, you can earn up to $0.38 per download!
- Sign up. It is free
- Upload your photographs
- Keep improving your portfolio to receive more royalty.
Crestock is growing steadily. The good thing about Crestock is that it has several useful guides that will help you to earn more.
At Crestock, royalty rates are calculated on a progressive scale. The progressive scale is based on the total number of photos sold since joining, and the commission ranges from 20% – 40 %
They sell royalty-free pictures. So you need to be careful while putting up the price as you won’t receive revenues in the future. The uploading of photo to sell as a slow process but once done you will start generating revenue. You can also earn through referrals.
- Set up a free account.
- Upload your images. They will assess your pictures and approve them and add them into Crestock portfolio
- Add proper keywords and description to each image so that editors and buyers can easily find the images and also able to review at Crestock and accept your photos.
Do you like the pictures taken from your phone camera and looking for a platform to sell them. Then Crowdfoto might just be it. At Crowdfoto, you can select an assignment, either use your camera or a smartphone to take the image and upload it online on the website.
Given the client likes your photo, you’ll eventually be paid €20 via PayPal.
Depositphotos has over decades of history over great customer service. They offer royalty-free photos. You can sell jpegs, Vectors and videos!
On Depositphotos the commission entirely depends upon the license type under which the photo is uploaded, along with that the resolution in which it has been purchased.
The more sales you have, the higher will be your Contributor’s Level. Hence, the higher your Contributor’s Level, the bigger your royalties.
- Sign up. It’s free
- They have specific requirements for the size and resolution of the photos to submit.
- You need to have proper documents about the model and property releases.
It has been in the industry for 15 years. It gives royalty-free photos. It offers only top-notch photographers.
As a contributor, you will receive receives 25-50% Revenue Share, which is calculated based on the net amount for the transaction.
If you are an exclusive contributor, you can enjoy a 60 % Revenue Share for all sales and an additional bonus of $0.20 for each approved submission.
- The first step is to register.
- You must have copyrights for all your photos
- Follow their upload guidelines
Start making money by selling photos today.
Fotolia is owned by adobe. All photos you sell become a part of the Adobe Stock library which means they are also available in other Adobe applications like Photoshop, Illustrator and more to make the purchase easy for millions of buyers. So your impression of it will depend on adobe. It also distributes illustrations along with photos. Something which most other microstock cannot claim.
As Fotolia is a part of adobe, it offers unparalleled exposure.
Earn up to 33% of royalty on every image sold on Fotolia.
- You need to set up your account. You can customize your account as per your need.
- Describe your photos adequately and adhere to their quality guidelines.\
- Create a good feature collection
Reach millions of people and sell photos with these online sites now!
13. Image Vortex
Imagevortex is a platform exclusively to sell photos. It also licenses your context an pays you more for it.
The commission you will receive will depend on your license agreement
75% for resampled content
70% for original licensed content
50 % of resampled cropped content.
All in all, at Image Vortex, you can earn from 75% – 25% of the license fees received from sub-licensees for your exclusive graphic content.
- The registration is free Join now.
- You can price the photos as you see fit.
- The registration is free and there are no monthly fees.
- You can also become an affiliate and earn 10 % of their sales tax.
Ingimage has three sites and more than 120 image distributors. One upload on Ingimage will give access to an immense cross-section of buyers. Ingimage will track sales and royalties for you. Currently, IngImage handpicks photographers and illustrators who can create images that capture a moment or pictures that can please their clients.
With ingimage, you always retain the rights to your content. You will receive a royalty of up to 40%. Your payout will be deposited through PayPal, skrill or money transfer. You can also become an exclusive contributor.
Sign up is easy.
Istock is micro-stock offshoot owned by Getty Image.
iStokphoto pays its contributors a base royalty rate up to 15% for each file which is downloaded. If you become an exclusive contributor, then you can earn up to 45% of the commission.
- Become a contributor by signing up for free.
- Upload 3-6 photos. For them to review
- Once accepted your content will be online for the buyers to license.
- You need to have model and property releases.
Snapped4u is a platform where photographers who cover events like wedding, parties, and more can upload their photos and nothing to do on the site. If your photos are sold, you will be paid with a commission by the website.
The sales commission is $0.50 on photos priced $5 or less and 10% on all others. On non-US accounts, the sales commission is $0.60 on photos priced $5 or less and 12% on all others.
They charge $50 handling fees on each purchase.
- There is a one time $10 registration. There are no posting fees.
- Snapped for you has two types of galleries.
- Their recommended limit is 300 photos. Maximum file size is eight MB.
- The photos cannot be re-edited.
BlueMelon is a platform to share, sell and upload your images. It is a secure place to upload your pictures. All you need to do is market your images and portfolio. The BlueMelon team will do rest work of display and payment. It also helps you to integrate your social media, website, blog, and more.
You can set your own prices, and the profits will depend on the plan you have selected.You can opt for multiple options to receive money, select any one option to receive or withdraw your money.
This is not a free service. They charge you $30 to $340 depending on your plan.
TourPhoto is a website which is mostly used by the travel agencies and tour companies to upload the photos of adventure trips. The general public can purchase photos from the website.
It’s like creating your store.
TourPhotos charges 19% commission of your sales. The subscription is free for two months.
19. Photo Shelter
Photo Shelter is a photography oriented platform that you can integrate with other platform. Photo Shelter provides you cloud storage for your photographs, an inbuilt shopping cart, drag and drop website templates, decent SEO, and many social media integrations.
You can make more money than the sale price. Go and check Photo Shelter now!
You can choose from their templates and build your sites in minutes. It has a builtin shopping cart built exclusively for photography. You can set different price lists for different clients.
Wherever you are in your photo career, these sites will help you!
It has a growing community of 84,000 photographers. CanStock Photo is a viable platform for making money
When you upload photos to the site, can stock photos will upload your work to one of the largest stock image databases, Fotosearch. You can earn up to 50% royalties on each photo. You can withdraw your money with PayPal once your amount reaches to $50.
You will earn $5 for every 50 photos they sell.
- Signup is required
- After you submit three photos to the site you have to wait 24 hours approval to start
- You can custom your licenses. You retain full copyright to your content
- There is no limit you can submit as many files as you want
Fine Art America is the most premier online marketplace and fulfillment service for buying and selling original art, prints, home decor, apparel, and more.
They have hundreds of products, including Canvas prints, framed prints, metal prints, acrylic prints, posters, iPhone cases, Galaxy cases, greeting cards, throw pillows, duvet covers, tote bags, t-shirts, sweatshirts, baby onesies, greeting cards, which you can customize with your photos.
When you make a sale, the order will be fulfilled by the company’s own printing services. They will ship your order to any destination in the world. It also provides photographers with sales tools.
- You can join for free.
- The maximum file size to upload is 25 MB.
- Sell on various sites through Finer America including facebook, Shopify, API.
You can also sell your image through canvas print, framed print, metal print, and more. How cool is that
EyeEm is s creative community app to upload and sell photos online. It allows you to retain your copyrights.
You can also earn 50% royalties.
This site pairs up the high marketplaces and gives your photo a high exposure. If you want to gain some inspiration go to the sites, professional photographers.
Stocksy is an artist-owned photography plus cinematography co-op run by some of the world’s best creatives and innovators in 65 countries and counting. As it is a cooperative, artists are in control of the product, payouts, and functions while Stocksy staff assist in the marketing, online function, and management of this boutique stock photo agency.
I hope the above websites help you gain income by turning your hobby into an actual job! Good luck with selling amazing photos online!
Get started now!
Now that you know how to sell photos I will give you tips on how to make more money out of this gig. This will help you get a better perspective.
Know more about selling photos online
How to decide your audience?
We all are aware of the current market situation how influencers and bloggers capture the significant part of the market. Now we have to convert this into an opportunity for us to make money. By that, I mean that bloggers are our number one priority customer. They are always in need of photos, whether that is for their social media post or blog posts. I mean they always look for sites that provide them with genuine photos to utilize as content for their websites.
So, make sure you keep this little detail in mind. Okay?
Categorize Your Photos!
There are plenty of categories which you could explore when it comes to selling photos online. These categories will help you gain a proper perspective as to what your audience wants as well as will make your task a bit easier too. Some of the major categories are:
- Photos of people
- Pictures of workplaces (at the office, carpenter, steward, etc.)
- Pictures of travel (tour pictures)
- Images of cities, countries, etc.
- Photos of objects or people with a focus.
- Pictures of items. ( like screws, medication, signs, books, computers, tools, bags, cables, etc.)
- Images of nature and the surrounding environment.
- Pictures of animals, or birds.
I hope these categories help you making a little collection of your images which you can then sell it online on different platforms.
Click A Breathtaking image!
If your photos aren’t visually appealing, they aren’t going to sell online. Here are a few suggestions on how to take better photographs.
1. Capturing from the right equipment:
A smartphone might not do the needful. You might want to invest in a DSLR camera.
2. Tripod is a must-have. A steady camera during a shoot is a necessity, and we all know only a tripod can help us with that. You might want to browse through Amazon’s fantastic range of tripod options.
3. Data Backup!
I mean do I really need to put stress on this? We all know how essential it is to have a backup. You wouldn’t want to lose some of the astonishing captures that you have taken. It’s an effort down the drain. So, you might want to Check out a service like Carbonite. Or, if you are an Amazon Prime member, you can store your photos online for free.
4. A light tent can help you with the creation of some of the most impressive styled stock photos. They help you by eliminating glare and soften the light to produce the perfect picture. Tabletop versions are also quite inexpensive. But if you want to create on a higher surface consider picking up some backdrops from Swanky Prints.
Do you need help with gaining access to free and fabulous stock photos? Check out this done for you list of top 30 Stock photos websites!
You can check this article if you like to earn money by selling feet pictures. If you like taking selfies then check this article, you can earn up to $1 per selfie.
If you are a reader and want to earn money by just reading books, check out how to get paid to read books.
- Do not enlarge your images. When you enlarge an image, the image becomes blurry, blocky, and unprintable.
- Don’t compress your images, at all
- Keep them as high-resolution versions; make sure there is no unintentional motion blur.
- Check for Even Illumination
Short Request: If you love our post do share it!
I am grateful for the love and support I receive from you guys, and I would really appreciate it if you would share my blog on different social media platforms!
Share it on facebook!