Your internet marketing success largely depends on which niche you are. If people are not ready to pay money then you can’t make much money. So it’s very important to choose the right niche where you can make big money easily. The biggest question for a newbie marketer is what’s the best niches and what are the products that I should promote? Well,I will answer all these basic questions in this article.
I like 3 major niches and they are making money, solving health problems, and dating/sex/relationships. I actually like them in the order that I just mentioned them. There are pros and cons to each market, however, and I’d like to briefly address these before we proceed…
Wealth/Make Money Online/ Internet Marketing /Blogging
* Thousands of products to promote
* Dozens of new products added to the market weekly
* Easiest to acquire joint venture opportunities
* Most traffic sources
* Nobody ever has “too much” money… you’ll keep your customers forever!
* Biggest market in the instant payment affiliate platforms
* Easiest to cross-promote other sub-niches (i.e. blogging, list building, SEO)
* Easiest to offer big-ticket coaching
* Most products have a short shelf-life… you must always keep digging
* Almost exclusively digital products, rarely physical… less variety
* YouTube, Paypal, and other web 2.0 sometimes view as spammy; So they might shut down our accounts.
* You will be under more personal scrutiny
* Your audience is more likely to expect more out of you
Do You Have The Need To Save Money? Well, Then Look No Further Because Here Is A Quick Way You Could Save A Few Bucks Daily! Sign Up Now!
* Survey Junkie! (Applicable To: USA, Canada, Australia)
* Inbox Dollars! (Earn Instant $5 On Sign Up) (Applicable To: USA)
Health /Beauty / Fitness / Make-up / Cosmetics
* Tons of products to promote, both physical and digital
* Extremely motivated audience… tons of buyers
* Gives you a sense of freedom if you’ve been “stuck” in the IM niche
* Pretty easy to cross-promote
* Products stay on the market longer compared to the digital products related to internet marketing and remain more viable.
* Lots of CPA offers
* Large commissions
* Generally pretty high Adsense clicks (big payments for you).Better advertising revenue for the website.
* Can target LOADS of Amazon/CJ products for easy buyer SEO*
* Can be viewed as spammy by web 2.0
* Much debate/doubt surrounding the efficacy of many products
* Many laws about health claims… must know the right disclaimers to use
* Less built-in traffic (JV partnerships, solo ads, etc.) than IM
* Once a person’s health concern has been “cured,” they no longer need you**
* May have to wait weeks or months to get paid… vs. instant with IM
*There are lots of “low-hanging fruit” health products in Amazon/CJ which don’t have a lot of competition because they don’t pay much. But for the purposes of bringing more viewership to your site, they are GOLD! This is not an SEO course by any means… but a little extra free, ongoing traffic never hurt anyone! 😉
**You may be best served to not focus on treatable health conditions that are here today, gone tomorrow. Rather, something like muscle building, anti-aging, or some other niche with a passionate market… and a consistent focus on ongoing improvement may be the wiser choice.
So let’s take a look at our final niche market…
Niche : 3
* Passionate market… matters of the heart are taken extremely seriously
* People spend GOOD money in this niche
* Some really solid high-ticket, high-commission offers out there
* Cross-promotion opportunities abound
* Repeat buyers in some markets (especially adult/sex)
* Great for holiday gift shopping opportunities (Valentine’s, anniversary, etc.)
* Lots of high-ticket physical goods to promote (jewelry, gifts, sex toys, etc.)
* Requires a good deal of foresight, research, and planning*
* These customers can dry up quickly as their situations change
* As the topics become “steamier,” you have fewer places in which to operate
* You really need to know the EXACT situation(s) that your prospects happen to be in… and how to most effectively deal with each one. For example, if you’re in the “get your ex back” niche, you’ll need to know for how long your ideal prospect has been broken up, if they were the dumper or dumpee, if their ex is dating, etc.
Personally, I would go with whatever niche makes you happy.
Pick a cool niche that you love. If it happens to fit into one of the above three mass markets, all the better. But if not, don’t fret. Go with your passion! Then, pick some products to promote and grab your affiliate links.
How to Pick Your Products
When it comes to selecting products to promote as an affiliate, there’s really only ONE criteria that I personally go by. It’s very simply this…
Would I buy that particular product?
If I wouldn’t personally make the investment, then I don’t promote it. I don’t give much weight to gravity (see what I just did there?) in Clickbank. In places like WarriorPlus and JVZoo, I DO check EPC’s, conversions, and refunds… but again, if I would buy it, that’s a far more powerful indicator.
How are you going to make money into your niche?
As far as criteria for these products is concerned, they should definitely be evergreen (not seasonal or only relevant for the short-term) and have great sales pages that make YOU want to buy the product! The more irresistible, the better.
When I say “products to promote,” what I really mean is “monetization methods,” okay? Affiliate products are certainly at the forefront of this, but there are other ways to diversify your portfolio if you will. A few of your options include:
Google Adsense or other contextual advertising platforms
CPA (cost per action) offers
PPL (pay per lead) offers
Your own product(s)
Advertising (solo ads, website ad blocks)
If you can make money with it, you can offer it. What’s important to me in the crafting of this program is not necessarily WHAT you promote. After all, your monetization strategy can (and likely will) vary greatly from niche to niche, campaign to campaign.
For example, if you’re in the IM niche, then you may want to omit Adsense from your arsenal as most of your audience members will be pretty damn savvy about Adsense… and will be considerably less likely to click on your ads than will folks in,let’s say, the woodworking niche be.
What are the best affiliate programs?
There are just too many niches and product types within each specific niche for me to give you a definitive “promote product A, B, and C” approach. Beat the everlovin’ snot out of a dead horse… check. So here’s what. If I were you, I would apply at each and every one of the following affiliate/advertising/CPA networks. Those that are relevant to your chosen niche, anyway. May as well have accounts at each so that you can just quickly go in and pick yourself something tasty. Affiliate/CPA programs abound, and I’m happy to share a few of my faves…
For All Niches
CJ Affiliate*** (formerly Commission Junction)
Global Wide Media*** (CPA network, formerly Neverblue)
Many, many others… go hunting! 🙂
Many, many others… git you some!
Friend Finder and Adult Friend Finder* (warning: explicit)
Adam & Eve** (warning: explicit)
Many, many others… make sure you find something targeted!
*Digital Products **Physical Products ***Both Physical and Digital Products
So there are a few of your options. Again, there are many, many others out there. Let your own brain and resourcefulness lead you to glory, my friend. A simple Google search for “niche name + affiliate program” will give you more than enough resources to explore.